Thursday, January 26, 2012

Happy Hippies are We....


There are a few songs that will get me going. These songs are anthems, the ones that make me want to dance and cry and laugh all at the same time. Forget the world and just be a flower child, living freely, answering to no one. Because I'm an original. These are a few of my favorites:

The Cave, and Little Lion Man; Mumford and Sons

Dog Days are Over; Florence and the Machine

The First Day of Spring; Noah and the Whale

40 Day Dream, Om Nashi Me, and Home; Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros

The Mummers Dance; Loreena Mckennitt

Chicago; Sufjan Stevens

These are just a few that at any moment played, will cure any sadness I am feeling and lift my spirit to a higher place. I am done feeling sad for no reason, and I hope you are too. Let's be hippies today and take a road trip together with this music blasting in our crackly old speakers. Let the wind hit your face through the open window throwing your hair about your face, your hand out the window, falling up and down with the flow of the breeze, let's watch a sunset together, and forget our troubles. Let's be silent and not let a thing in this world make us sad. We'll enjoy God's green earth together, you and I both and the rest of our bohemian amigos will follow suit. I call shot gun.






1 comment: